Steps to using Tick Tox
- Locate tick
- Remove cap of Tick Tox®
- If possible, mask skin with the Tick Tox® “bookmask”
- Aim nozzle at the tick taking great care to not touch the tick
- Spray Tick Tox® for short as possible – less than 1 second is plenty
- Tick is now dead. Dab (or better) spray the bite with antiseptic
- WAIT for a minimum of 10 minutes or so. During this time the jaws release –NOTE : some dead ticks remain hooked for an hour or more. Try to be patient! And don’t squash it!
- Brush dead tick away
- Dab some more antiseptic like EDP on the bite site. (we recommend EDP as a fantastic powdered antiseptic)
- See a doctor if any disturbing symptoms occur in next few days – for example appearance of a ring around the bite site.